Compton (electoral district)
Compton (also known as Mégantic—Compton—Stanstead) was a federal electoral district in Quebec, Canada, that was represented in the Canadian House of Commons from 1867 to 1949, and again from 1968 to 1997.
Compton was created by the British North America Act of 1867. It consisted of the Townships of Compton, Westbury, Eaton, Clifton, Hereford, and Augmentation, Bury, Newport, Auckland, Lingwick, Hampden, Ditton, Winslow, Whitton, Marston, Chesham and part of the Township of Clinton.
In 1924, it was re-defined to consist of:
the County of Compton;
in the County of Stanstead: the township of Hereford;
in the County of Sherbrooke: the municipalities of Compton (township and village) and Waterville; and
in the County of Frontenac: the municipalities of Marston South, Ste. Cécile de Whitton, Chesham, Winslow South, Clinton, St. Léon de Marston, Winslow North and the town of Mégantic.
In 1933, it was expanded to include the townships of Eaton and Westbury in the village of Ascot Corner.